Friday, November 09, 2007

i'm renaming the blog "the stupid things i do"

Yesterday I was doing mad crazy laundry. Seriously, the clothes that five people go through! At some point I knocked a box of dryer sheets off the shelf above the washer and dryer. I figured it went behind the washer and dryer, but I couldn't see it anywhere. I thought I'd wait til hubby got home so he could move stuff around a bit and we could grab it, so I continued with the laundry.

Much later I came by to unload the dryer and switch out the stuff from the washer.

Yeah.

As I'm pulling stuff out of the washer and throwing it in the dryer, I notice there are dryer sheets stuck in with the clothes.

That's weird, I think. There shouldn't be any dryer sheets in there...

Then I notice there are bits of...stuff..in there too.

Oh no. Oh no no no no NO!

Oh yes. The box of dryer sheets fell into the freakin washer while I wasn't looking. And that washer did a job on that box too. Tore it to shreds.

So I had to take all the rest of the clothes out--and they were covered in cardboard box shreds, like the box just exploded in there--and vacuum out the nasty cardboard bits. Then I reloaded all the clothes and had to wash them again, hoping that a second wash would get rid of the box bits, rather than just turning them into cardboard glue or something.

The good news is most of it came off. The bad news is my entire outfit today smells faintly like dryer sheet.

Fun times! ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LoL I once washed Jordon's favorite fleece with something of card board nature... I spent forever trying to comb the stuff out before I finally gave up. It sits unworn in the back of his closet now.