THE MOVIE MEME (stolen from snackiepoo)
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
Clerks. Disney's Robin Hood. The Princess Bride. Muppet Treasure Island. Muppet Christmas Carol. Nightmare Before Christmas. Chocolat. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. Benny & Joon. Oh, I'm sorry, did you say a movie? As in, one?
2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
Titanic --yeah, I know. I can't even remember why I saw it twice in the theater. Must've been lots to see. :) Plus hubby and I were dating, we were all mushy romantic...
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Two words: Johnny Depp. I will see any movie he makes. Then there are actors I'll go to see in movies that I wouldn't otherwise watch like Wil Smith. I really like him and will pretty much see a movie just cuz he's in it.
4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Who was that guy in the Deuce Bigelow movies? See, I can't even remember his name. And pretty much anyone who has ever been on SNL. I don't know why; I love funny movies but SNL alumni bug me.
5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Breakfast Club, Princess Bride, Pulp Fiction, any of the movies in #1, a bunch of other Disney movies...and I say I'm not a big Disney fan...Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail because I'm a closet (OK not so closet) dork...lots more.
6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Guys and Dolls, in addition to any musicals already mentioned.
7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
Oh please. Anything I've already mentioned? I sing to it.
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
I've got two: Amelie, because it is such a sweet sweet movie, and The Prestige, which I just rented and have been telling everyone about. :)
9. Name a movie that you own.
Just one? Do you want a cool movie I own, a movie I have to have for the kids, a movie I'd rather not admit to...what? OK, one movie I own is Much Ado About Nothing, with Kenneth Branagh. Love him. And Emma Thompsen. Love her. Two more actors I'll watch movies for.
10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
I third Justin Timberlake. I didn't listen to him until Sexy Back (another thing I don't admit to many people, so keep that on the DL, got it?) but I actually like him! He's a decent actor!
11. Ever see a movie in a drive-thru? If so, what?
Oh wow, Ghostbusters, like eons ago when I was little. I fell asleep in the back of the car.
12. Ever made out in a movie?
Um, yes. Which is why my girls are not allowed to go to the movies until they're 35.
13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
Hrm. Can't think of one right now. That's not to say I watch tons of movies--who's got time to see everything they want to?!--just can't think of one.
14. Ever walked out of a movie?
No but I've come very close. Hannibal made me want SO bad to walk out but I was writing a review for my college newspaper so I had to stay. Then there was a freak snowstorm that caused the paper to not go to print that week, rendering my review useless. I might have cried. Just sayin.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Hey, that's not fair, I cry at orange juice commercials. So I cried at Titanic. Lion King. Prince of Egypt (sobbed at the scene where Moses' mom puts him in the basket and sends him down the river. Hey, I was pregnant and hormoney. It was sad!!)
16. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
I don't get out to the theater much. I think the last movie I saw there was Pirates of the Caribbean 2.
17. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Gah, I have no idea. It is either SciFi or Comedy or Romantic Comedy or whatever they make that is not shitty.**
18. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Arachnaphobia, with a bunch of friends in junior high. I still remember the part where the spider came out of the shower. Unfortunately, I remember it while I'm in the shower.
19. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
Final Destination. Total waste of cinema space. Why this movie had two sequels is beyond.
20. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
A Spanish movie called--oh shoot. I can't remember. But it was subtitled and while that isn't usually a problem for me, this movie was so crazy, but fun!
21. What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?
See #18. I'm still afraid of spiders. Stupid spiders.
22. What is the funniest movie you've seen?
Eh, there is probably more than one....Office Space, Clerks,** and I'll add Bruce Almighty, which made me laugh so hard the first time I saw it that I couldn't breathe. :)
**keeping this answer, thanks snackiepoo. ;)
Hey, Bek is getting better, hallelujah and amen, so I should come up with a halfway decent post for you all sometime soon. No complaining, I swear! ;)