Oh well, resolutions are made to be broken, right? ;)
Well look. I've been busy, ok? Trying to get to the gym, spend time with my kids, actually clean the house and keep it clean... I have a to-do list a mile long, and my computer time is the first thing to go when the rest of my day is packed.
I can't help but think how much more I'd get done if I didn't have to sleep, y'know?!
Here's just a little sample of the stuff I have to do:
- go to the gym
- email so-and-so about guitar lessons
- finish mother & son drawing
- find the next local Zumba certification class
- bring books back to the library
- print new schedule, nametags for nursery and toddler rooms at church and bring them there
- suck it up and call the damn dentist before teeth fall out
- find presents for fathers' day, sister's birthday
- look up that word my coworker called me
- take kids to playground
- buy milk. look into cow--landlord doesn't allow pets
- groceries--plan menu, make list, actually go sometime this month
- eyebrows--threatening to take over face
- call mom
- Halofest @ brother's apt
- find brother's apt?
- visit Jo's biography fair at school--look interested
- write, print, distribute survey for employee club @ work
- put together mailing list for MOPS* newsletter and send the damn thing out before the preschoolers are in high school
- stop swearing so much--kids notice?
- register Devy for Kindergarten--get name change paperwork back?**
- pelvic floor squeeeeeeeze***
- fix blogroll
- transfer old blog stuff to this one
- update dvd queue on blockbuster.com
- pass out biz cards for MOPS promo
- sell MOPS newsletter advertising
- email old boss to say hi--send letter instead?
- buy art
- sell stuff on ebay
- post free stuff on freecycle
- teach Jo how to ride her bike--kid's 8, cryin out loud
- swim lessons for girls
- find out how to get paid for something I'm good at--writing? drawing? sex? kidding...?
- get bloody organized--why 3 planners for same year, nothing in them?
- email all the friends I haven't talked to lately. playdates? *cringe*
Wow, when I type it all out like that it seems...massively overwhelming. I swear to you, bloggy buddies, the next time I pop in, I'll have crossed half this list off.
A quarter for sure.
What're you up to?
* MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and is a great organization for mothers of kids aged birth through Kindergarten. Check it out here.
**When I was pregnant with Devy I had this great idea of how I wanted to spell her full name. She was born, I filled in the great new name spelling on the birth certificate form, we took her home, and I promptly realized I was a hormonal idiot who totally misspelled our daughter's name. We're finally just getting it changed now, in time for her to go to Kindergarten. Seriously...change one stinkin letter and you'd think we were trying to smuggle her in from another country or something with the paperwork and lawyers and fees...
***If you haven't read I Don't Know How She Does It by Allison Pearson? You should. It will give stay at home moms a huge respect for working moms, and will make working moms laugh at their own crazy lives while being proud of what they do for their families. And when I'm a huge famous writer I'm totally denying ever reading chick lit. So there.