Thursday, June 15, 2006

I hate salespeople

Hehe, second post in 10 minutes. I'm just procrastinating going to the gym and cleaning my house.

Have you heard the commercial on the radio for the "See Clearly" method? It's something about how to improve your eyesight so you don't have to keep getting thicker glasses every year.

I thought I'd call the number, since the fact that I need a new prescription every year kind of freaks me out.

The woman who answered asked me some questions, then declared I'd be an excellent candidate for the see-clearly method (surprise surprise).

She got me all convinced that I needed their free video, then told me it would just be $9.99 for shipping and handling.

I was like, "Whoa, whoa whoa." I've mailed videos before and I know for a fact you can ship it media mail (haha I wrote media male. Can't wait til hubby comes home Friday!) for like 2 bucks. And if the extra is to pay someone to wrap it and ship it? Then it's not a free video! I mean I know ten bucks isn't a lot but it's the principle of the thing.

So then she tells me I can just go to seeclearlymethod dot com and watch the video online. Scammers! Charging me $10 when you're giving it away free! :)

Anyway I'm going to check out the video sometime when I have time to sit and watch it, and I'll tell you what I think.

No comments: